Super Food Pizza!
We’ve finally reached summer (though someone should really tell the weather.) Hopefully, things will soon begin hotting up and, when they do, you may notice a change in your customer’s ordering behaviours.
What was warming and comforting in the deep midwinter may feel stodgy and overbearing in the summer months. Once heat hits, it tends to be light and refreshing meals that people to crave. Plus, with June’s calendar page featuring Healthy Eating Week along with many people’s beachside holidays, many consumers are taking the calorie content and health benefits of their meals into more careful consideration.
This annual trend in customer’s eating habits could have catering operations with a large pizza offering feeling somewhat apprehensive. Pizza has a reputation as something of a winter warmer so there’s a chance its sales could decrease when the sun makes its fashionably late entrance.
Thankfully, pizza is just about the most versatile dish out there. Switches and swaps of ingredients can transform this dish from a cheeky treat to a clean eat! So don’t let pizza go into hibernation this summer- give this recipe for kale super-pizza a whirl! What this lean, green, nutrient-packed machine lacks in looks it more than makes up for in health benefits.
60g olive oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
Your choice of fresh veggie toppings! (we went for a rainbow array of peppers, tomatoes and red onion)
Oven (domestic or pizza oven)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius if it is a domestic oven or 300 degrees Celsius if it is a pizza oven.
- Put your kale in a bowl and drizzle the olive oil on it, then whiz it with a hand blender till it is finely chopped up.
- Sprinkle in your salt and pepper and add your eggs. Mix it all together with a spatula.
- Oil a baking tray and pour the mixture in. Spread it around the tray with a spatula so it fills the tray and is about 5mm thick.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins if you’re using a domestic oven and 8 mins if you are using a pizza oven till it is firm.
- Take it out of the oven and top as you please!
Click this link to watch a short video showing how our Development Chef, Fabio, cooked our super pizza! https://www.facebook.com/LindaLewisKitchens/videos/704165673374478/
We used our Cuppone Caravaggio oven to make this dish. To learn more about this or any one of our Cuppone range of ovens, click this link – https://linda-lewis.co.uk/product-category/cuppone_ovens/