Press Tortillas to perfection with the Cuppone Pizza Press
The Cuppone Pizza Press is a huge time saver when pressing out dough balls! With the Mexican Celebration ‘Cinco De Mayo’ around the corner our Development Consultant, Fabio thought it was the perfect time to put the press to the test and showcase how easy it is to press tortillas to perfection using the Cuppone Press and to bake them in the Cuppone Tiziano Oven.
Why not try the recipe for yourself!
500g ‘OO’ Italiana Flour
1 tsp of Salt
1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
300g Warm Water
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl then in a measuring jug mix the (luke) warm water and oil together and add to the flour.
- Stir together until all ingredients are well combined and form a dough.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for 2-3 minutes then rest for 30 minutes.
- Once rested divide the dough into 6 balls. Then re-cover the dough balls to rest for a further 30 mins.
- Set your dough press temperature to the recommended 150°.
- Once rested, lightly flour your balls and place into the centre of the dough press and press your balls.
- Then oven bake your tortillas in your Tiziano oven at a temperature of 200 ° for one minute each side.